Search This Blog

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Saturday


Saturday 2/15/14 

Started the day with the usual routine and chores and then zipped over to Hilltop’s fabulous facility in Wellington with Meredith, Hotmail and Montrachet. As it was not my lesson or training session, I will just say that it is fabulous to watch two seasoned professional trainers work with talented horses repeatedly on the intricacies of improving the hardest of exercises. 

When we got back it was time to take a few of the horses for a hack around “the circle” aka Hannover Circle here in White Fences. We went past Lars Petersen’s, Michael Barisone’s...just to name a few! It was a lovely bit of time well spent and I particularly enjoyed how much my little friend Wendy relaxed and calmly took in all the new sights and smells. 

After we returned, Wyatt had a bit of a hack in the arena. We watched a egret (or something similar) fishing and moving from place to place in search of an early dinner. 

Speaking of dinner, I missed my lunch, so please accept my apologies for the short post. 

Catherine and Patrick have horses in the Nation’s Cup at Global this week, so I will get a good idea of how the competition schedule impacts life back at the main stable and schedule. 

Check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment