Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Tuesday



Tuesday

Super school on Wendy!! She has really turned a corner and stepping up her game! Lots of good mediums and she’s really getting some bounce behind!! We’re able to put all her power to good use now and it’s going to be really fun to see what the next few rides have in store - she’s almost ready to work with The Boss again but I’ll get to why that might take a few days in a second.

Wyatt got a last minute time slot with Catherine for a fantastic lesson. We worked on getting each change more uphill, collected and in self carriage. Also tightened up the canter pirouettes, the canter half pass zig zag and the medium and extended canters. Oh and the lateral work in the trot, too. I think we were both fairly tired but it was a very, very good lesson!!! :) We also are entered for the next show at White Fences in the PSG! :) Movin’ on up!!

Today is Move In Day & Vet Check at Global for Mane Stream Hotmail and Catherine, so I will be helping at the show for the next few days and taking a lot of photos! Which means my blogging will probably go out the window...

I do have to take a few minutes and say how important one factor has been in my re-evolution as an FEI rider and that is my Stubben Genesis Special. I don’t know if there is any video footage from after the car accident in November 2010 or before I started working with Catherine in June 2011, but that was the beginning of the transformation of me being able to be an effective rider again. The saddle and her training system of how to use it as the fine tool that it is have made it possible for me to enjoy safety, security and a better connection with the horses...there really are not words that properly explain how important it is for me to be able to _feel_ the horses’ backs and use my own weight aids to refine the connection and self carriage. If anyone has any questions about the saddle or would like to try one, pop me a note and I’ll do what I can to help you feel the difference it can make for you and your horse. 

In any case, root for The Boss! There are 36 in the Grand Prix tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment