Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Photos and some travel thoughts...

Here are some snap shots from the lovely house where I stayed in Aiken and some photos of the facility out at Paradise Farm.






These are some photos of Avebury WF from the warm up in Show Jumping...













Now for some slightly random thoughts on having driven from Aiken to Wellington -

I'm not sure precisely what it means but it is a first for me - a Pawn Shop on the side of a State Road that has a FULL parking lot at 6:30 AM on a Tuesday. The lights were on and the OPEN sign was lit. As a bit of contrast, the service station less than a block away was still not open and the parking lot was empty.


Once I arrived in FL - wow! It has changed quite a bit since I was here trying Waldaire out! :) Or maybe I look more as a mature driver and less like a single minded rider. The weather is a bit warmer than I was used to in Aiken and borders on 'too hot' in the afternoons with higher humidity. It has been great to see some of my friends as well as the wonderful things that make Florida Florida. :)




For everybody back home in the frozen land of ice, snow and slick roads - I will do my best to bring some warmer weather home in the suitcase. It would be nice to see green grass soon and enjoy being outside without a bazillion layers on all at the same time. Please drive safely and hopefully spring comes back soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment