Search This Blog

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Blue ribbons for Wizard!!!







Wizard WF (Waldaire x Abracadabra WF by Again and Again) won 2 of his 3 classes today and was second in the third! His manners were impeccable and we are so excited for his future as a riding horse and breeding stallion! Heartfelt thank you's go out to the organizers, staff and volunteers who made our fun day possible at the Fair Hill Breed Show I.

As it was our first undersaddle competition, there are always some 'What if' questions that a rider has going into the arena. Wizard has fully answered all of my queries with a resounding, "So? What is all the fuss about?" He is a wonderful youngster and while I am terribly biased...he is the real deal for the future. For example, one competitor got unloaded straight away in the first class and we had a 15 minute hold while the EMT's attended to her. He was totally focused and relaxed - never called out or acted silly and it was a good 1/2 mile hack from the trailers to the ring. No lunging, no handler - just the 2 of us out for a stroll till it was time to go to work! :) I'm a proud mama!

But I am remiss in thanking people!!! My undying gratitude goes out to my parents for allowing me to ride their horses - I am the luckiest person on the planet to have access to such talent, movement and brains! Lori & her crew at CEE for organizing another great day and doing all that they do with suh efficiency - you guys are the best! Sara & Melissa for their help with the other horses. Sandro for all that he does! And an extra thank you goes out to mom who knows how to let me focus and be 'in the zone' with her horses when it is time to compete...couldn't do what I do without all your help and support! Thank you everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment